Ocean Park is one of Hong Kong‘s largest tourist attractions. Thrilling rollercoasters and amazing shows with whales enthrall the visitors. The two parts of the park (Summit and Waterfront) are linked by two lifts circulating parallel to each other. In order to accommodate the expansion plans of the park management, the transportation capacity was increased by this new cable railway, which runs entirely underground.A fascinating journey to the time of French scientist and author Jules Verne and an unforgettable ocean voyage on Verne's Nautilus await the visitors.
- Car bodies made of special, light-weight metal profile sections. Steel chassis beams and cross beams. Most of the joints bolted and riveted together.
- Cars designed in "Jules Verne" style.
- Light, video, and sound show makes the passenger feel like he or she is on an undersea voyage on the Nautilus.
- 4 air conditioners with 40 kW output each per train composition.
- Specially developed supplemental spring suspension between bogies and car bodies for sound absorption.
- Fire alarm system.
- Doors open and close horizontally for greater comfort when boarding and disembarking.
- Interior paintwork with genuine rust patina.
- Round and domed submarine portholes for windows.
- 16,000 "fake" rivet heads makes the passenger feel like he or she is boarding a genuine, old-fashioned submarine
|Customer||Ocean-Park Corporation / Garaventa|
|Distance||Waterfront - Summit|
|Capacity||400 passengers / train composition|
|Stair line||1'080 mm|
|Doop opening clearance||1'800 mm|
|Transverse length from bumper to bumper||39'560 mm|
|Empty weight, incl. chassis||56'000 kg / composition of the train|
» Data sheet [590 KB]