The railway underwent extensive renovation in 1973. The water ballast drive was replaced with a fully automatic drive system. The GANGLOFF cars also date back to this year.
The GoldenPass Group is now in charge of the operation of the railway.
- Dismantling down to the frame. Sandblasting and application of a new rust protection coating, new sheeting.
- Installation of a new emergency exit in the uphill facing end, enabling the passengers to evacuate on their own. Access to the inside of the car from the outside is also easier.
- Modernization of the doors with new door drives and controls in keeping with BoeV [Swiss handicapped and public transportation agency] standards.
- Replacement of the floor and all of the interior paneling.
- Painting and signage in the new "Golden Pass" style.
» Data sheet [728 KB]